Sunday, February 2, 2014

Cleaning out my closet


So today I decided to clean my closet...finally...after all the procrastination...I decided this was it...it was getting too crowded in there. I guess I needed space for new clothes.

As I was going through the closet I realised that there were some clothes in there that I hadn't worn for a really long time ...days, weeks ,months , years....I had even forgotten I had some of them ...they were way back in my closet...hidden by piles of new clothes that I had bought over the years.
I thought that I had discarded them, but they were right there all this time. Some of them were my favourites, though they would not fit me now. But that is something else.
Why was I unknowingly holding on to these clothes? Did I need them?
This made me realise…that this is how our relationships are sometimes.

We make a lot of friends along these years. Some we keep in touch with regularly or at least try to. Some of these friends are forgotten or in this case pushed to the back of the closet because of various reasons. Maybe we had a silly argument, or we got new friends or both thought “Why should I always bother keeping in touch when he/she isn’t bothered”. Whatever the reason may be. They might be out of touch but they will always be in our hearts and minds somewhere behind all the many different thoughts. We may have forgotten them, but the truth is that they are lying somewhere in the back of your closet just like the clothes you once loved wearing.
We would only realise that they are if we decide to clean the closets of our minds and hearts.

2 comments:

  1. You stuffed your old friends somewhere at the back coz you found new friends?

    A lot of us tend to do that.

    And then again, we're like those old set of clothes for others sometimes.

    Well written

    Cheers
    CRD

    ReplyDelete