Sunday, February 2, 2014

25 minutes


So today was like any other day...or so I thought ..cause my life seems pretty mundane these days...but I'm not complaining..cause it's not like I've done anything or even attempted to make it any more interesting..Anyway let's not focus on that...let's focus on why I decided to write this today...(yes I'm writing something after ages)..
Today ,just like any other week day , I woke up.. got ready for work, waited in the hot scorching Sun for the bus.The bus arrived and I entered and sat down near my favorite window seat...Music in my ears,,wind in my hair...it was just another day..Then somewhere along the way there was a loud disturbing sound and our bus screeched to a halt...the tire had burst..damn it..I didn't want to be late to work I thought...but as I sat there ...I realized that maybe this happened for a reason..Maybe God wanted me to "take a break" ..though it was for a while..I realized sometimes we rush through life so fast someone needs to make us stop by throwing a brick or in this case a punctured tire..Some of us are just living our lives , not realizing what is going on ...we have become so used to the routine ...like robots or zombies...we do not realize that it is affecting our relationships with people or our health..we have become so self-absorbed....we all want to climb the ladder to success quickly...

And suddenly I wasn't so worried about reaching late to work or what I would say to my Boss...I just closed my eyes and was lost in my own World, listening to some of my favorite music..For those 25 odd minutes I felt the world stopped spinning and I wished it would stay that way...But alas my my peaceful time came to a halt when sometime shouted "Everyone please get down , move into another bus"...

2 comments: